Where To Eat in HCMC – Top Eats From Saigon
Two weeks today I will stumble out of an airplane in Ho Ch Min City aka Saigon. After the best part of a day cooped up in a flying box I will be tired and hungry. Now doubt after being harangued by predatory taxi drivers I will take to the city by bike in search of my first meal in Saigon. But where to go. Lucky enough to have stumbled across Noodle Pie, a fine food blog from the city I now have a list recommended by Graham. The choice is mine…
- Best French – by a long way. And the best restaurant in Saigon for food.
- Banh xeo – best savory crepe combo in Saigon.
- Cha Ca La Vong – Fried fish, northern style. So good it deserves a cliche, ‘simply to die for’.
- Hoa Vien beer hall – Best for a decent beer.
- Banh Trang phoi suong – Simple, classic, herb-fest.
- Pho 24 – Yet to find better in Saigon
- Bun oc – another northern dish. A fabulous snail, noodle soup.
- Ngu Vien – best all round, but fairly basic Vietnamese restaurant