Tuna Tostadas with Chipotle Mayonnaise – The Ceviche Supper Club Recipes
Here is a very easy and totally delicious recipe from the second Ceviche Supper Club.
- 300 ml sunflower oil (for deep frying)
- 8 (3-inch-diameter) corn tortillas
- 500g sashimi-quality tuna, sliced thin into inch wide strips (pop into freezer for 20 mins before cutting to make it easier to slice)
- 25ml sesame oil
- 25ml soy sauce
- 50ml lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into eighths
- 200 ml homemade chipotle mayonnaise
1. Heat the oil in a deep pan or wok to 350 degrees. Fry each tortilla until crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain between paper towels. Set aside. If you can do this outside because it makes the house smell!
2. Cut the leeks in half (white part only) into slice into vertical strips as this as you can get them. Fry in the same oil as the tortillas until golden but not brown. They should be crispy and stiff like a birds nest when taken out. Leave to cool on paper towels.
3. Marinate the tuna slices in the soy sauce and lemon juice for 2 minutes.
4. Spread a table spoon of chipotle mayonnaise on each tostada. Divide the tuna equally on top of the mayonnaise. Top the tuna with a slice of avocado and the fried leeks.