Transport for London – Do The Test
Well it seems Major Boris has finally started to weave some magic. Just when we thought all he was good for was mumbling a few words in Latin and bringing back the Route Master, under his leadership TFL (Transport For London) have come up with this pair of superb adverts to help draw motorists attention to cyclists.
Cycling is all about sharing space with other people. The hazards don’t come from the roads but from other people. It is easy to get infected by other road users’ pushiness. Remember this and you’ll be halfway to becoming a safe and more comfortable city rider.
A Few Things to watch out for when Cycling in London from TFL.
- Black cabs swerving to the kerb to pick up/drop off passengers
- Pedestrians stepping out into the road without looking (and most of us do it on occasion)
- Passengers hopping on or off buses without looking
- Vehicles turning left across you - even more serious if it is a bus or truck
- Car doors being opened into your path
- Vehicle creepage at junctions
- Delivery vehicles parked in cycle lanes
- Drivers failing to indicate properly
- Vehicles doing impromptu u-turns