No-Bake Travel Cookies from Darren Alff
Its been a while since we have had a guest recipe here on the pages of THC but I am honored to have this gem from Darren Alff of BicycleTouring Pro.com If you have a great recipe you want to share do please get in touch.
This is a simple recipe for no-bake cookies that any traveller will appreciate. No stove required! All you need to make these tasty treats is one large pot, a stove or fire, some waxed paper, and the following ingredients:
- 3 Cups of Oatmeal
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of Cocoa
- 1 Cup of Peanut Butter
- 1 Stick of Butter
- ½ Cup Of Milk (I use water because I don’t like milk and it’s easier to find when traveling)
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
1.Pour the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk/water into your pot and bring it to a boil. Stir until everything is melted.
2. Then add the peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.
3. Stir continuously for a minute or two until the mixture is consistent throughout.
4. Then, lay out some waxed paper (or if you are traveling, any flat non-sticky surface).
5. Using a spoon, drop the cookie mix by the teaspoon onto the waxed paper.
6. Let the cookies cool and once they have hardened they are ready to eat. Enjoy!
7. Darren Alff is a vegetarian bicycle traveller who just returned from a 9-month bicycle tour through
central and eastern Europe.
Darren is using his website at www.bicycletouringpro.com to prompt a new generation of travelers to jump on their bikes and
explore the world.