There is nothing better than good food after a bike ride. For the last six years I have been cycling and eating all over the world. From grilled snakes in Cambodia to wild pigs in France. With this menu you can discover all my pedal powered adventures. Explore & Enjoy
A family favourite in Colombia this tasty family favourite is eaten with buñuelos at Christmas time in Colombia.
1 kilograms of maize
4 litres of fresh milk
1 litre of water
1 kilograms of brown sugar or pannela
1 Cinnamon Stick
1. Bring the 2 kilograms of maize to the boil in water and then remove from the heat.
2. The next day grind the maize into the milk with 1 litre of water. Leave to soak for 20 minutes and then strain to create maize filed milk mixture which is what we are after,
3. Having strained once grinds the soaked maize again to extract more juice, adding it to the maize milk mix. Repeat this process until with the remaining pulp and then strain through fine sieve until clean.
4. Now add your panella or brown sugar, cloves and cinnamon to the milky maize liquid. 5. Cook the mixture in a large pan, stirring continuously until it is well cooked and al the sugar is dissolved. It will gradually become thick.
7. Once you have a thick consistency that is stiff to stir pout into plastic moulds and leave to cool in the fridge for half an hour.
Remove and enjoy with some fresh buñuelos and a cup of “tinto”.