There is nothing better than good food after a bike ride. For the last six years I have been cycling and eating all over the world. From grilled snakes in Cambodia to wild pigs in France. With this menu you can discover all my pedal powered adventures. Explore & Enjoy
America has a Bush, Afghanistan has a Karzai, and in Brazil they have a Squid. Winning a landslide victory in 2002, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, known to the people simply as Lula (squid in English), secured a second four year term in 2006 and here is a recipe in his honor. Serves 4.
500g of fresh squid tentacles cleaned and chopped.
4 squid bodies pouches, cleaned.
Half a cup of olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
300g of fresh shrimp, chopped
The juice of 4 limes
A bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
4 tbs of flour
2 medium onions, sliced
1 glass of dry white wine
1. Chop your squid tentacles and marinate with your garlic, lime and a good amount of chopped cilantro.
2. Gently heat some olive oil in a shallow pan.
3. Sauté the marinated squid tentacles in olive oil until soft and golden.
4.Now add the shrimp and continue to heat until the shrimp are cooked through Remove from pan, add a little more chopped cilantro and set aside in a bowl to cool.
5. Take the cleaned squid bodies and carefully stuff them with the prepared squid, shrimp and cilantro mix. Once stuffed dab in little flour so all sides are coated.
6. Now in the same pan that you cooked the tentacles heat a little more olive oil and cook the stuffed bodies until golden, turning them regularly so they don’t stick to the pan and so all sides are golden. Set aside.
7. in another pan n sauté the sliced onions and when browning add the chopped tomatoes, white wine a pinch of salt and some crushed black pepper. Leave to simmer and reduce
8. Once your tomato sauce has reduced a little, carefully add your stuffed squid bodies and simmer for a further 10 minutes, spooning a little sauce over the e squid to baste. 9. Remove from the heat, garnish with a good sprinkling of chopped cilantro, some slices of lime and serve with rice.