Iquitos Ceviche. Peru.
- Juice of ten limes
- Fresh white fish cubed
- One small red onion thinly sliced
- One small chili
- One large Yucca root
- One large sweet potato
- One small lettuce
1. In a large pan boil your sweet potato and yucca and cook for 20 minutes until soft. Remove from the water and leave to cool.
2. With a sharp knife chop your fish into small piece a few centimeters squared.
3. In a large mixing bowl add your chopped fish, sliced red onion, a pinch of salt, chooped chili and then pour in your lime juice making sure all the meat is submerged. Place in your fridge and leave for 30 minutes.
4. Take four deep plates and add a few lettuces leaves in the bottom. Slice your yucca and sweet potato into hearty slices and place onto of the lettuce leaves. 5. Now take your fish, whose meat should now be white, from the fridge and stir through a good handful of finely chopped cilantro.
6. Heap the marinated fish on top of the waiting potato and yucca and serve chilled with cold beer.
Here is another great ceviche recipe from our friends at Simply Recipes: Shrimp Ceviche