French Beans with Chorizo Sausage
Climate change, global warming - call it what you want but in the UK this last week we have been blessed with some glorious weather. The sun has shone, the temperature been comfortable and the air crisp and fresh. It has been perfect cycling weather and also a great opportunity to get the garden in order for the summer. Firing up the mower and joining the chorus others in south London trimming their lawns, I also dug up a bed for some veg. The carrots and radishes are in as well as some peas, lettuce and for the first time french beans. I was given the seeds by the good folk at www.getgrowing.org.uk while talking at The Arcola Theatre on one of their Green Sundays.
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sherry
- 300g French beans, topped and tailed
- 100g pine nuts
- a healthy knob of butter
- 2 fat chorizo halved and sliced
- a handful parsley, roughly chopped
1. Put the shallots and sherry in a small bowl and leave to soak while steaming or simmering the beans until tender for about 4/5 minutes. Cool under a cold tap, drain and set aside on the dish you are serving them on.