Fleischkeuchle (Pronounced Flesh Licker)
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 300 g lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pints of oil for deep frying
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, salt and pepper until well blended. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Pour in the eggs and milk, and stir until well blended using a sturdy spoon. Form the dough into 2 inch alls, and roll out into circles 1/4 inch thick on a floured surface.
3. Form the beef into golf ball sized balls, and place each one onto one half of a dough circle. Fold the other halves of the circles over to enclose the dough. Seal the edges using a saucer or pressing with your fingers.
4. Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C), or over medium-high heat in a large deep skillet. Fry the Keuchle until golden brown, turning once. It should take about 10 minutes total for each batch.