Dungeness Crab Louis
In my humble opinion the best way to eat Dungeness crab is smashed open on a sheet of newspaper, ripped apart in your fingers and washed down with a cold beer. However if you happen to have some important guests coming over who might be offended by such primitive feeding habits a crab Luois offers a sophisticated alternative.
- 1 pound Dungeness crabmeat
- 1/2 pound Dungeness crab legs
- 1 fresh lettuce
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 of cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons of green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 hard boiled quails eggs, halved
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
cherry tomatoes, halved
- A cup of ripe olives
- Fresh Parsley
- 1 lime
1. Line 4 salad bowls with the lettuce leaves.
Mound the minced crabmeat on top.
2. In a separate bowl mix the mayonnaise, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, green pepper, spring onion, limejuice, parsley and cayenne pepper.
3. Pour the vinaigrette over the crabmeat. Garnish the plates with crab legs, quails eggs, tomatoes and olives.