There is nothing better than good food after a bike ride. For the last six years I have been cycling and eating all over the world. From grilled snakes in Cambodia to wild pigs in France. With this menu you can discover all my pedal powered adventures. Explore & Enjoy
The frigideira is a traditional samba percussion instrument made of a skillet from the days when everyone played on improvised instruments.
This tiny little hand held instrument has a piercing tone which cuts across the sound of the other drums in a samba band. The single frigideira is played like a tambourine and is also used to cook traditional one pan treats like this one, a favorite with fishermen in Bahia, Brazil.
2. In a heavy pan add a good glug of oil and sauté the onions until soft and golden brown.
3. Add the tomato, spring onion, garlic, cilantro, tsp of salt, pepper and sauté some more. Before Adding your crab meat and grated coconut and stir well.
5. Now pour the coconut milk over the cooking crab meat. Cover with a lid and cook until the liquid has reduced.
6. Meanwhile beat your egg whites, with a pinch of salt until they peak. Now fold in your egg yolks and flour until you have a smooth batter.
7. Turn down the heat on the cooking crab mix, pour about third of your prepared batter over the reduced crab and stir well with a wooden spoon.
8. Brush a little oil on the bottom of a deep baking dish. Pour in the crab mixture, cover with the remaining two thirds of egg batter and garnish the top by floating a few slices of tomato and onion on the surface
9. Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the surface is golden brown.