There is nothing better than good food after a bike ride. For the last six years I have been cycling and eating all over the world. From grilled snakes in Cambodia to wild pigs in France. With this menu you can discover all my pedal powered adventures. Explore & Enjoy
1.5 lb corvina fillets, cut into half-inch squares (any other dense white fish will do)
1 lb tiger shrimp
0.5 lb of grated carrots
3 stalks of celery, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
250 ml Cream
1 cup hogao
.5 cup tomato paste
1. Put the clams with one cup of water in a medium sized pot and heat over a steady flame until the shells start to open. Remove clams and keep the water. Take the clam meat out half the clams and set them aside.
2. Now cook your shrimp in about one litre of water. When cooked leave to cool before peeling. Set the meat aside but put the shells back in the water.
3. Boil your water with the prawn shells for about 20 minutes to make a tasty stock. Sieve the water making sure to removing any shells.
4. Now add the clam water to the shrimp water and bring almost to a boil. Add the wine and all the vegetables. Then add your squid and cook for 15 minutes.
5. In a frying pan, sauté the hogao over a medium high heat. Add the tomato paste, large shrimp, tiger shrimp, clams out of the shells the fish meat and the cream and cook for five or ten minutes.
6. Now add your cooked fish and hogao mix to the main broth and include the clams with their shells. Cook for five more before serving.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and a little fresh cream.