Carol Tubman’s Lesbian Chicken
Here is the famous recipe from which it all began. 4 lb (1.8 kg) chicken pieces (they dont have to be lesbian chickens)
- 5 garlic cloves 2 tsp. (10 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) cinnamon
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. (.5 ml) cayenne pepper
1. Trim excess fat from chicken; cut into serving-size pieces, skinning if desired.
2. Crush garlic with salt until pastelike; place in a jar and add lemon juice, oil, cinnamon, paprika, and black and cayenne peppers. Place lid on jar and shake to mix marinade.
3. Place chicken pieces in a container in a single layer, pour over marinade, turn to coat, cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Transfer chicken and marinade to shallow baking dish; bake at 375 F (190 C), basting often with the juice that gathers in the baking tray, for 45 minutes or until browned and juices run clear. Can be barbequed for 30 minutes, basting often. Makes 8 servings