There is nothing better than good food after a bike ride. For the last six years I have been cycling and eating all over the world. From grilled snakes in Cambodia to wild pigs in France. With this menu you can discover all my pedal powered adventures. Explore & Enjoy
Wild Rice and Walleye are both delicacy in Minnesota. The Wild Rice is harvested in the marsh lands using native Indian techniques and the Walleye is fished out of termini lakes using whatever bright colored lure or live bate available.
Here is a recipe put together to enjoy both of these Minnesota treats.
4 oz. butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
200g wild mushrooms (chopped)
8 fresh walleye fillet
1 cup uncooked wild rice
150 g sliced almonds
200 g of butter
1. Cook your wild rice in the same way you would normal rice. A little aldente is best.
2. In 4 oz of butter sauté 1/2 cup chopped onions until almost clear and add the mushrooms and cooked wild rice.
3. Season the Walleye fillets with salt and pepper.
4. Roll in bread crumbs.
5. Place the filets in oven and bake at 450F for 15 minutes.
6. In 1/2 lbs of butter, sauté the sliced almonds.
7. Serve the Walleye filets with the wild rice on the side. Spoon the butter and almonds over the filets.