Another Jerk Recipe
Ahhh! the wonders of blogging. You post a jerk recipe in the morning and come lunch time a fellow cyber-cycling-food lover has emailed in with another taste bud-blasting recipe for this Caribbean classic. This recipes comes from Richard. I hope everyone else gets to enjoy it as much as him.
- 6 Spring onions
- 1-3 Scotch Bonnet peppers (watch out, these are seriouly hot)
- 2 tsp all spice berries (or 1 tsp ground all spice)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp brown sugar ( we use cane sugar)
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt(we use rock salt or coarse salt)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cane vinegar ( distilled white malt vineger also works)
- 1 tbsp of oil (not olive oil use a ground nut or sunflower)
'Best method for this is to bash the hell out of it in a morter and pestle or roughly in a migimix. It should have a coarse texture to it. Smother on chicken or pork and leave for a few ohours in fridge before cooking. For best results we find cooking outside over charcoal really brings the flavours out. Little bench top BBQs are great for this too!
Hope this works for you, we been doing this for 13 yrs now and we love it!'